Honey-Soy Glazed Salmon with Mushrooms and Peppers
Need a new way to enjoy an old favourite? This honey-soy glazed salmon is delectable and pairs perfectly with roasted mushrooms and peppers.
• ¼ c. seasoned rice wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
• ⅓ c. light soy sauce
• ⅓ c. Honey
• 2 to 3 tsp. chilli-garlic sauce
• 1 tbsp. Chinese or Dijon mustard
• 1 skin-on salmon fillet
• 2 package shiitake mushrooms
• 1 red bell pepper
• 1 large bunch green onions
• 2 package instant microwave Jasmine rice
• Toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat oven to 475 degrees F. Stir together 3 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, soy sauce, and next 3 ingredients; set aside 1/2 cup of sauce. Place salmon, skin side down, on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons soy mixture.
2. Bake salmon at 475 degrees F for 8 minutes. Toss mushrooms and next two ingredients with 1 tablespoon of soy mixture. Scatter vegetables around fish in hot pan and brush fish with soy mixture. Bake 8 to 10 more minutes or until the desired degree of doneness and vegetables are just tender.
3. Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir rice and remaining 1 tablespoon each of vinegar and sesame oil in a serving bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. Lift fish from the skin with two large spatulas and transfer to a platter with vegetables; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice and reserved 1/2 cup sauce.